Spotpass is creating new ways to financially support the web, and we need your help. We’re looking for talented people who are passionate, care about users, and know how to build great products. We’re building an inclusive and diverse culture, and we value a wide range of experiences, opinions and backgrounds.
We are hiring an experienced, hands-on, Melbourne-based Senior Backend Engineer to work directly with the CTO to help us build our server software. Your day job will include the design, building, testing and deployment of software systems that will be used by millions of people every day.
We run a lean, microservices oriented development environment that values quality, simplicity, performance, reliability, experimentation and rapid iteration. If you’re a talented developer who is passionate about back-end technology and is well versed in the development of high-performance, scalable and reliable web-based applications, you should talk to us. You’d be joining a small, cross-functional team of like-minded engineers, and spending your days working with experienced design, architecture, operations, backend, web and fintech team members.
We build our systems using the Go language, but developers from other backgrounds are invited to apply, provided that you are willing to learn and write idiomatic Go.
We’re looking for a deeply technical developer who:
- Is familiar with Go, Java or similar languages;
- Is comfortable using SQL and stored procedures (bonus points for PL/PGSQL).
- Has experience using Kafka and Docker.
- Is comfortable deploying to and working in Linux;
- Is willing and able to mentor junior developers.
- Understands cryptographic principles;
- Is familiar with continuous integration tools (such as GitHub Actions or Jenkins), in a continuous deployment;
- Has great communication skills, is a fast learner, a patient teacher, and enjoys working collaboratively;
- Welcomes the perspectives of people from different backgrounds;
- Is self-motivated, willing to work hard, and is passionate about how quality software gets built.
Prior experience in software security, payments, fintech, and/or cryptography would be a bonus. GraphQL experience would also be great.
As a startup, Spotpass offers the opportunity to get in at the ground floor as a core member of our team, and the rare opportunity to share in equity through our Employee Share Option Scheme. In addition to a great culture, we also offer the following benefits:
- A mix of remote and in-office (St Kilda) work.
- Employee Share Option Scheme
- Bonus leave after 12 months
How to Apply
Please contact our CEO, Doug Howe, to arrange a meeting. Include your resume/CV, links to any portfolio and details of your qualifications and experience.