Front End Developer
Spotpass is creating new ways to financially support the web, and we need your help. We’re looking for talented people who are passionate, care about users, and know how to build great products. We’re building an inclusive and diverse culture, and we value a wide range of experiences, opinions and backgrounds.
We’re looking for an experienced, Melbourne-based front-end developer to join our product development team and help us build our browser-based infrastructure. Your day job will have you working on the planning, creation and instrumentation of high-performance, web-based consumer, publisher and management applications; the design, implementation and deployment of front-end publisher integration strategies; the design and development of new Spotpass products; and the monitoring, support and maintenance of product performance, reliability and effectiveness.
We run a lean development environment that values quality, performance, reliability, experimentation and rapid iteration. If you’re a talented engineer who is passionate about front-end technology and is well versed in the development of high-performance, scalable and reliable web-based applications, you should talk to us. You’d be joining a small, cross-functional team of like-minded engineers, and spending your days working with experienced design, architecture, operations, backend and fintech team members.
We’re looking for a great front-end engineer who:
- Has deep, up-to-date understanding of core web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS);
- Has plenty of experience working in Vue (or perhaps React);
- Is familiar with common web tooling such as NodeJS/yarn;
- Is familiar with continuous deployment and with Selenium;
- Cares about performance and reliability and is willing to support what you build;
- Has great communication skills, is a fast learner, a patient teacher, and enjoys working collaboratively;
- Welcomes the perspectives of people from different backgrounds;
- Is self-motivated, willing to work hard, and is passionate about how quality software gets built.
Prior experience in graphic design, payments, fintech, or client-side cryptography would be a definite bonus. TypeScript, GraphQL and/or esbuild experience would also be great.
As a startup, Spotpass offers the opportunity to get in at the ground floor as a core member of our team, and the rare opportunity to share in equity through our Employee Share Option Scheme. In addition to a great culture, we also offer the following benefits:
- A mix of remote and in-office (St Kilda) work.
- A generous Employee Share Option Plan
- Bonus leave after 12 months
How to Apply
Please contact our CEO, Doug Howe, to arrange a meeting. Include your resume/CV, links to any portfolio or websites you have delivered and details of your qualifications and experience.